Cannabis plants are weeds with simple needs. Your cannabis plants will grow as long as you give them the right amount of the following resources.
* In order to thrive and grow, your weeks needs...
* Light (brightness has a huge effect on yields)
* Air (fresh air with a slight breeze is best
* A Grow Medium (place to grow, soil isn't your only choice)
* the right Temperature (room temperature or a little warmer is perfect during the day, cannot stand freezing at night)
* Nutrients (start at half as much as what's recommended on the package)
* Water (maintain pH for best results, soil likes 6-7 pH & hydro likes 5.5 - 6.5 pH)
Two Stages of Cannabis Life: Vegetative & Flowering
Here's the cannabis life cycle in the wild.
* Repeat- Everything start over again for the next generation
* Seed sprouts in spring Optimal NPK Values for Growing Cannabis
* Cannabis grows for a summer LIFE STAGE N P K
* Days start getting shorter Vegetative High Med High
* Cannabis dies for winter Flowering Low Med High
In other words, you want to use a "Vegetative" (high Nitrogen) or "general purpose" nutrient formula for the first stag of life known as the vegetative stage. If using high-quality soil, you can skip vegetative nutrients for the first 3-4 weeks while your plant uses up the nutrients in the soil, otherwise you should start with vegetative nutrients around the time your plants open its first leaves.
Use a "Bloom" (low Nitrogen) nutrient formula with plenty of P & K for the flowering stage, Start using bloom nutrients when buds start forming to make sure your plant gets plenty of Phosphorus & Potassium, which are crucial to bud development.
Phosphorus tends to increase the number of flowers, while Potassium helps increase the bulk/weight of flowers. Be careful, though because going overboard with either one can burn your plants!!
Grow your own Weed
Growing Cannabis Basics